The Knowledge Exchange for Entrepreneurship in Permaculture (KEEP) project is a fabulous UK collaboration between the Permaculture Association (UK) and Kingston University London. It is funded by a grant from the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
- conduct preliminary research on the current state of permaculture enterprises and entrepreneurship;
- identify and explore key factors underlying the success of permaculture enterprises;
- identify, prepare and share case studies of outstanding permaculture enterprises;
- develop knowledge resources and knowledge sharing processes which will encourage a new wave of permaculture-inspired enterprises and;
- assist the Permaculture Association to create an enterprise hub
Check out the project website which includes a wide range of case studies showing how different people have created diverse incomes based on permaculture – and it’s great to see that lots of the businesses are about things other than gardening or teaching permaculture (!)
…or here’s a great Vimeo video of Permaculture Association researcher Chris Warburton Brown talking about the project.